Wednesday 24 May 2023

LOOK BACK: 1985 (first spatial work)

LOOK BACK: 1985

Here is one of the first spatial works I made at the art academy in Arnhem (NL), back in 1985.

Curved metal and prepared cotton, about 3 meters high. For a photo I put it on the fountain within the Blue Waves (Blauwe Golven) art work in Arnhem, made by Peter Struycken in 1977.

While making this work I seriously injured my hand a week before. A wire of metal whipped as I bent and cut deep into the heel of my left hand, right through the glove. The scar is still there. I looked into deep white flesh, whereupon my legs went limp like chewing gum. I seem to have been knocked out for a moment, because when I opened my eyes I saw the workshop assistant busy with a bandage. A wet cloth lay on my forehead. He was also kind enough to drive me to the emergency room at the hospital. A whopper of a tetanus shot in my thigh and then I was out of 'mortal danger' again 😉.



 ----------------------------------------------
(c)2023 Jeroen Huisman. None of the photographs, writing and audiovisual content included on this website may be reproduced or used without the artist's permission. All rights reserved.  |  www.jeroenhuisman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Supra Vi plastoid (2023) sold!

Another work was sold yesterday in Paulus Noomen/Younik Gallery in Arnhem! It is a sculpture called ''Supra Vi Plastoid'' (2...